Friday, May 21, 2010

What is a good amount to power clean?

I have been doing power cleans for about 2 months now, hoping to buiild a more expolsive clinch and throw when grappling. Im 5'7 and a pretty solid 195lbs. im doing 5x5's with 185lbs, with a 1RM of about 230. How is that?

What is a good amount to power clean?
That sounds pretty good. I have recently started clean and press, also to build power for martial arts, and so far the most I have lifted it 45kgs (sorry, I do not work in pounds..... I think about 100 pounds?). I am hoping to get along to a weight lifting gym for some guidance before I lift more.





Sounds to me that you are doing well. One approach you could take is to aim to lift your own body weight, and then once you reach that, which should be pretty soon, just increase the reps. Then you will have both the stamina and strength to throw your opponent around a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment